Re: What is weight?

Consider the gravitational field outside a uniformly dense
infinite plane. What is so difficult about that?

There is so much talking past each other on this Board. I meant in
practical terms, a uniform field over an extended region cannot be
found. My choice of the word 'imagine' was unfortunate. I'm not even
sure I can imagine an infinite plane of mass either, but we do do such
things in our classes.

J. Epstein