advanced undergrad labs

We are considering revamping and modernizing our physics curriculum.
I am looking for laboratory activities suitable for a small physics
dept. (7 faculty members).

None of us have experience in material science/condensed matter, but
there are available in other departments research quality NMR, ESR,
and electron microscope instruments. In our department we have table
top esr/epr and X-ray instruments and a multichannel analyzer (PC
based).

Does anyone have laboratory activities suitable for UG labs that
could be carried out with such instrumentation? I would like to
provide our students with some experience with properties of
materials or condensed matter.

Please respond directly to me rather than to the list.

Bob Muir muirrob@uncg.edu
Physics & Astronomy 336-334-3255
UNC Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
Life is NOT a dress rehearsal.