Re: Internal or external?

Joel Rauber wrote:
This would provide an excellent segue to the weight/weightless discussion,
i.e. is weight what is measured on the scale or is it Mg?  I.e. is weight
synonomous with the "force of gravity" the force exerted by the earth on the
rock in the above example?
I spend more time than I have explaining to my students that weight is not mass times g but is the force squeezing the bathroom scale between your feet and the floor. That's why you are weightless in free fall.

poj
collin county college