Re: UCLA physics course (non-rant)

----- Original Message -----
From: Lois Breur Krause <krause@CLEMSON.EDU>

It's especially interesting to me that a 2.5 GPA is required of education
majors! wonderful! somebody finally got it right! Are they also required
to take a major in their field, and fill in the ed credits as a minor or
electives?

Before you get too excited about this, you'd have to know the _average
grade_ in education courses at the institution. Around here they run about
an A-, so a higher required GPA loses some of it's apparent strength. As
with (apparently) most institutions, the sciences here run near or at the
bottom of the average grades in departments.

Rick

och! i thought that was likely the case. too bad.

Dr. Lois Breur Krause
Department of Geological Sciences
442 Brackett Hall
Clemson University
Clemson SC 29634

teaching chemistry, physics, astronomy and geology to elementary education
majors.

How We Learn and Why We Don't: Student Survival Guide,
available from International Thompson Publishing, ISBN 0324-011970

http://home.earthlink.net/~breurkrause

krause@clemson.edu