Re: Tutoring

Michael Edmiston wrote:

Snip....

Students needing help might imagine several ways of getting it.

(1) See the professor during office hours.
(2) Go to a recitation section led by a graduate student or upper-level
student.
(3) Go to a "help desk" staffed by a graduate student or upper-level
student.
(4) Get a personal tutor to spend 2-4 hours per week helping one
student study, solve problems, write lab reports.

Michael,
I suspect you will be forced to play word games with the administration. Rename your
"Help Desk" the Drop In Tutoring Center and see that it is staffed regularly.

We operate a Physics Learning Center which runs drop in tutoring hours and group tutoring
sessions by appointment among other things. This is staffed by upper-level
undergraduates.

--
Jerry Hester
Jhester@mtu.edu