Re: phys-L deteriorating?

At 9:41 PM -0400 10/7/99, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
My impression is that the quality of phys-L is deteriorating. It
used to be more interesting. Would you agree? Why is it so?
Ludwik Kowalski.

Well, we've already determined that:

the tides aren't related to the moon

yanking a table cloth but leaving the dishes, has nothing to
do with inertia

entropy is not related to disorder

Bernoulli has nothing to do with airfoils

lightning rods work just as well with spherical tops as with points

a 60 Hz magnetic field can't make an aluminum ring jump

etc. etc.

as soon as we get this speed of light question settles, we can
declare physics to be a past tense exercise and all go home ;-)

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936