Re: let's outgrow puzzles

At 09:52 AM 10/5/99 -0400, Lois Breur Krause wrote:

I hafta grow older, I don't hafta grow up!

Lots of good science, incidently of benefit to mankind, has been great fun
to do.

I agree!

I never said that we shouldn't enjoy what we do.

My point was (and is) that there are plenty of things to do that make the
world a better place.
* If you choose a bad, pointless research topic, you will work just as
hard as if you had chosen a good topic.
* If you choose a good topic, you will have AT LEAST as much fun as if you
had chosen a pointless puzzle. Having people care about the result is part
of the fun.

copyright (C) 1999 John S. Denker jsd@monmouth.com