Re: Caboose?

Richard Grandy wrote:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Grandy [mailto:rgrandy@RUF.RICE.EDU]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 2:44 PM

Given a specified width of groove how many grooves are there on
a 45 rpm record that plays for 3 minutes. (Answer below)

(one--the groove width, rpm and playing time are all irrelevant)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gee, most 45s and lps I used to own had two grooves - one on each side!

I do have some antique 78s with only one groove, however.

"Vocatus atque non vocatus - Deus aderit."
- Karl Jung
George Spagna
Department of Physics
Randolph-Macon College
P.O. Box 5005
Ashland, VA 23005-5505
phone: (804) 752-7344 FAX (804) 752-4724
e-mail: gspagna@rmc.edu
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/