Re: Netscape Communicator

Perhaps you are meeting the same confusion I had. Netscape will indeed
wrap the email at the requested line length, but only as it sends the
message out. While editing, the line length is ignored, and lines wrap
according to the width of the editing window.

The only way (I know of) to see what the final result will look like is
to manually make the editing window the right width.

Cliff Parker wrote:

I have had trouble getting Netscape Communicator 4.61 to
wrap messages to a set number of characters per line. I
have set the Mail & Newsgroups to wrap outgoing messages at
65 characters but this doesn't seem to be getting the job
done. Netscape's FAQ did not provide any solutions that I
could find. Does anybody know what I need to do to make my
messages more readable?

Cliff Parker

--
Dr. James McLean phone: (716) 245-5897
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy FAX: (716) 245-5288