Re: Dull Razors

All this talk of razor blades reminds me of Larry Niven's character Tom Findlay in Chocolate Covered Manhole Covers. Although Niven doesn't say so, I think Findlay was a physicist. He was always coming up with great new ideas such as a new form of ice skating in which you strap blocks of ice to your feet and slide over a field of razor blades set on edge.

He was also always asking questions like "Could you hold off a vampire with a sunlamp, or hold off a Muslim vampire by holding up a copy of the Koran?" or "Don't you think anarchy would be a very unstable form of government?"

Not only is good science fiction like Niven's based on science fact, it often leads to new science fact.

poj
Collin County College