Re: Doing math versus editing it.

Many of my students now own scanners, and so can do maths or diagrams
with pen & paper and then scan them in & send them as a jpeg or gif. I'm
beginning to feel like a luddite for not having one at home. Admittedly
this wouldn't work well for a page of dense maths (I imagine that the
file size to get the resolution would be prohibitive at present), but I
suspect that it will soon be as automatic to have a scanner with a
computer as it now is to have a printer.
Of course that begs the equity problem of who can afford this technology
and who can't, if you are teaching a general university class. However
as my teaching is now purely online, the ones with the technology are my
constituents.
Cheers
Margaret

--
Dr. Margaret Mazzolini
Astronomy Course Coordinator

Visit Swinburne Astronomy Online, online courses in astronomy:
http://www.swin.edu.au/astronomy/