Re: approximate Huyghens' construcion

To save you the trouble of grinding out the numbers, I've prepared a handy
spreadsheet:
http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/physics/diffraction.xls
that leaves nothing to the imagination.

You can change the number in cell C20 to be 20 or any divisor thereof.
Watch what happens to the graph when you do.

I had not thought of using a spreadsheet this way. Nice way to show the effect
of changes quickly. Thanks for the answer to my questions and another good idea.

Cliff Parker