Re: WORD Equation editor help needed

Ed Schweber (edschweb@ix.netcom.com)
Physics Teacher at The Solomon Schechter Day School, West Orange, NJ
To obtain free resources for creative physics teachers visit:
http://www.physicsweb.com

Leon Leonardo asked:

there seems to be virtually no help on how to use its Equation >editor (in
Microsoft Word).

Leon,

The equation editor in Word is a trimmed down version of a program
called MathType produced by a company called design science. It comes with
good documentation.

You can get more info by going to
http://www.mathtype.com

One feature I wish they would have, however, is a calculator function
where you can substitute numbers into an equation and have the answer
automatically calculated. I did once suggest this to them and was told that
they viewed MathType strictly as an editor.

A number of people use a program called Mathcad (or Study Works -its
simpler version for high schools). Mathcad will solve equations and draw
graphs. However, it forces you into a format which I find awkward. You can
check them out at
http://www.mathcad.com

Ed Schweber