Re: Dull Razors

Well, I have found that using a
shaving soap (canned variety) can extend the life of a razor to many
weeks, at least. I use twin-blade disposable razors, and they routinely
last 3 months, or more.

Three MONTHS??????!!!!!!!! -- must come from living in Northern Utah --
Down here in Sanpete I am lucky to get one day per Atra blade. I use
yesterday's blade once over then load a new blade and start shaving.

My twin disposables (Gillette) don't get dull; they get jagged and
start cutting me. I, too, get three or four months out of one and
I discard it when it starts cutting me or else when a new semester
starts. (I also get a haircut at the beginning of each semester.)
I shave in the shower with 0.9944 pure soap. Oh yes, I only shave
in the morning if I have to lecture or otherwise appear in public
on that day, so only three or four shaves a week.

I still use Gillette despite its "Good News!" name, out of loyalty
because they sponsored the World Series when I was a kid (and Blue
Blades were very short lived). I still remember their "Look sharp"
jingle. Advertizing works!

Leigh