Re: Dull Razors

soap because nothing else is any better. Well, I have found that using a
shaving soap (canned variety) can extend the life of a razor to many
weeks, at least. I use twin-blade disposable razors, and they routinely
last 3 months, or more.

Three MONTHS??????!!!!!!!! -- must come from living in Northern Utah --
Down here in Sanpete I am lucky to get one day per Atra blade. I use
yesterday's blade once over then load a new blade and start shaving.

Hence my question: Why does a shaving blade get dull? The only reasonable
response thus far is that this wimpy string of protein bends the edge of a
piece honed steel. Such metallurgy is hard to understand.

Now, I don't know what Lois or any other woman uses in shaving her legs,
but I suspect it is more likely to be just hand soap, not the shaving
soap. The life of a razor is definitely related to what's on the hair to
aid the blade. Any physics in that problem?

Yes, and my blades have a strip of Teflon like stuff which is supposed to
make the blade last longer. As far as I can tell it just makes it harder
to shave.

Just me over here in my little corner.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com