Re: "first form an hypothesis..."

I suspect that a fair amount of this follows from the Bio Sci folks
who use statistics to test the 'null hypothesis'. (am I phrasing this
right?)

At 5:45 PM -0700 9/23/99, David J. Hamilton wrote:

Let's not over-generalize. There's almost nothing that is "always taught
in high school." However, I agree that the norm is to teach "rules" of
scientific inquiry which are way too rigid. Interestingly, in my
professional development activities with science teachers, I often find
middle school teachers adhering more to the requirement of having a
hypothesis (which usually means a prediction).

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936