Re: Scientific method was physical pendulums/ an opportunity

While I haven't taken the time to fully solve the problem, I think your
non-dependence on 'g' certainly will depend on the interpretation of the
problem. If the 215 m maximum distance is interpreted as the maximum
distance AT THE LOCATION WHERE g = whatever, then I can believe the answer
might be independent of g. However, if the maximum range is 215 where g =
9.81 m/s^2 and the golfer then goes to the moon, I strongly suspect the
range will be considerably greater--certainly the level ground hit is 6
times farther.

Just nit-picking ;-)

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
219-284-4664
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE PHYSICS INSTRUCTIONAL SOFTWARE AVAILABLE
see descriptions at:

http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/

New Win9.x and PowerMac packages now available.

Animated Chalkboard-2000-Relativity package now available.