Re: cold fusion

At 7:34 AM -0800 9/20/99, John Mallinckrodt wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Barlow Newbolt wrote:

> ... (1) Can we agree that there can be a small amount of muon induced
> fusion in a tabletop experiment, but not enough to make significant
> temperature changes? (2) Can we agree that the other types of cold
> fusion that are being discussed require us to violate Coulomb's Law and
> therefore are unlikely to occur?

I don't think these points are relevant to the discussion.

But isn't this 'Jones' person I'm seeing reference to the 'muon
induced fusion' guy.
Isn't HIS research 'accepted'?

If *MY* recollections are correct, then these ARE valid points. My
memory sez that the muon stuff WAS 'valid' and P&F rushed their press
conference to 'get a jump' on Jones' publication.

I'd like to hear MORE about the muon induced stuff. Was it really
'table-top' or 'just' room temperature. Where can I get a box of
muons?

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936