Re: Scanning problems

At 7:16 AM -0700 9/19/99, Leigh Palmer wrote:

Will GraphicConverter (from www.LemkeSoft.de and the usual
shareware sites) help.
It is GREAT on jpeg's and also lists the gig/tiff formats.
avoid creating icons and previews to save size.

I could conceivably obtain this result by making color separations
of my scans, reducing each to one-bit resolution, and recombining
the results, or using color filters and line art, and doing three
scans, or putting it in Photoshop and performing tricks I don't know
about, etc. What I want to know is how can I do it *most easily*.
This is a production requirement and there are two or more of us in
the Department who have the same problem. Our technician has limited
time to devote to scanning our transparencies.

This brings me to our second problem. Is there a product out there
that will take a bunch of transparencies in a document feeder and
and scan them in? We haven't found one. We can get the money to buy
hardware and software. Both are cheaper than technicians' time. One
more complication - we are all Mac folk. The technician would like
to be able to do this on his own computer, but there we may have to
bend, I realize, and we have other machines (Windows and unix).

Thanks,

Leigh

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936