Re: things to do with dry ice?

8.) Burn some magnesium in a dry ice atmosphere. Tomorrow's Friday so
treat yourself right!

I like the burning magnesium demonstration. I invite the local fire
department to view the event. Every year there are rookies that have
never seen something 'burn' in pure CO2. It also makes CO2
extinguishers more available when I need them (if you catch my drift...)

I have to admit ignorance here, and since I do not have any magnesium
handy (trying to get some tomorrow), I have to ask:

What happens? Is it extinguished? Does it burn more violently? What?

Stefan Jeglinski