Re: teachers=magicians ?

At 06:16 9/17/99 -0400, Ludwik wrote:
It occurred to me that in the real world "keeping secrets
to promote self-interest" is more common than we may think.
Ludwik Kowalski

This struck a chord in me about the hard facts of (commercial)
life. I recently had the opportunity to look over colleague's
job offer (in a place where one would have more shops to choose
from etc.) and included is the phrase, "Employment with
"X" Corporation is at-will and the terms and conditions stated
in this offer letter supercede any prior oral representations to
the contrary..."

How could one advise in favor, on these terms?
Would it be any surprise if a person sought to provide herself
with insurance against employment terms, 'at-will'? :-)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK