Re: Letters of Recommendation - Problems

I sent the list of 'questionable' recommendation phrases to my
bro-in-law who's a PhD chemist in industry. He replied:

I enjoyed reading this. Please note this is why most corporations have
iron-clad policies against providing ANY recommendation, and so state
when one is requested.

It also reminded me of the wry perception of some at MIT, known as "the
principal of the excluded third." Specifically, you could not have more
than two of the following three:
1. Normal.
2. Competent.
3. Working for us.

[I prefer to think that MY employer would find ME lacking only in #1]
britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936