Re: Letters of Recommendation - Problems

When I am faced with the prospect of writing a letter for someone whom I
feel I can't recommend, I simply tell the person that the kindest thing I
could do is not to write the letter. I admit that this is a cowardly way
out in the case of someone whom I really have the obligation to inform
about -- in order to save the recipient great grief -- but would get sued
if I did.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen