Re: Airplane Drag

So, on rather scanty evidence, I postulate that J's S is looking at
the plots of control drag at various speeds, and puzzling over the
decrease in drag at high speeds (or perhaps, expecting us to puzzle
over an engineering feature he is already privy to.)

Thanks, Brian. My son, the pilot, was asking me the great and all knowing
physicist -- in his eyes we are all all knowing -- foolish soul -- was
asking me what the nature of this phenomenon might be -- and doing so
without giving me a flying lesson -- though I may ask for this in the
future -- and without giving me the airspeed specifications of "low" and
"higher".

I will get back to you after his next visit for a physics tutorial -- as
long as I don't have to learn very much more about what appears to be a
very arcane subject -- after all I am a very plain (not plane) minded
physicist.

TX all

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com