Re: Airplane drag

At 11:25 PM 9/12/99 -0600, Jim Green wrote:

Ok, John, but I understood you and Brian to say that drag always goes as
v^2. What did I miss from the previous posts?

In the previous posts, you explicitly narrowed the topic to skin-friction
drag. More recently you asked about total drag. Big difference.

See the Venn diagram at
http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/how/htm/4forces.html#fig_drag_venn
and the subsequent discussion of how the various pieces scale with angle of
attack.