Re: The Flat Earth

At 02:19 PM 9/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
>If all mariners years ago believed that the earth were flat and then
>someone came along and did an experiment that showed that the Earth is a
>spheroid, does that define the time when the Flat Earth ideas were
>invalid? Were they not invalid all along?

Have we not had this discussion before? The Flat Earth was invented in
recent times, in the English speaking world by Washington Irving.

Sorry, Leigh, I should have put a smiley after my analogy, Subtlety doesn't
work very well in ASCII.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen