Re: solution to the world's energy needs

At 1:25 PM -0500 9/12/99, brian whatcott wrote:

Given that my appetite for nit-picking is legion, I
need to note that the proposition that the Wrights
(who are of course personal heroes of mine) invented
the first 'flying machines' or 'powered flying machines'
or 'powered heavier-than-air flying machines' is an
American tradition of the same kind
as 'Lindberg was first to fly the Atlantic'.

I'm quite aware of the correct 'waffle words' for Lindberg's accomplishment.
The prize that he won was for the first SOLO flight across the Atlantic.

As a current resident of North Carolina (home of the wandering
lighthouse!), I would be interested in learning, what are the correct
'waffle words' to attach to the deeds of those Ohio brothers?

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936