Re: heat is a form of energy

I have added footnotes to what follows. It is the best question I've
had to answer, and I would like to separate the parenthetical comments
that are my inevitable style from the mainstream of the discussion.
The footnotes are only important from my point of view; they probably
only annoy the casual reader. Thanks, Bob, for letting me discuss what
I think is really important.