Rockets and Ground Reaction - Revisited

It was amusing to recall our recent rocket efflux thread this
morning, when the news mentioned a new thesis advanced by an
astronomer at Las Canarias.

He has identified a visual star colocated with an x-ray burst
some years ago, and thought to be a companion to a supernova.

The feature he found interesting was that the spectrum of the
visual star appears to show enhanced contributions of oxygen and
several other elements as compared to stars like our Sun.

The theory being put forward is this: the companion collected
some of the efflux of the supernova, accounting for the relative
superabundance of these heavier elements....

Watch This Spot - Next Week:
"Astronomer announces new stellar proper motion
associated with visible companion to recent
supernova, due to efflux impulse!" :-)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK