Re: phone scam

I have somehow missed the original post for this thread, but I recognize
the reference. The 9-0-# service is a business option. Some businesses
subscribe to this service so their employees who are out in the field can
accdess their company long distance service. Private phone services do
not have this option.

Dave

Lois Breur Krause writes:

The scam is a scam! I just got off the phone with Bell Atlantic, and they do
not offer a 9-0-# service. Don't worry, your phone won't get charged with
unauthorized long distance calls by pressing that code.

Sam

the 9 is relevant to places where you dial 9 to get an outside line. Try
calling a trusting and trusted friend from home, and ask them to dial O #
and hang up and see what happens.