Re: Symmetry in Lorentz transformation equations

>I think that Lorentz transformation is not valid for accelerated frames.

I thought the issue was not acceleration but whether the local
spacetime was flat (to what ever approximation required). Can a
'relativist' (David?) expand on this for me?

Compare the twin paradox, which is not resolved by claiming "one twin
has to accelerate at some point, hence..." In fact, there is a nice
problem in Jackson which works the twin paradox while the "moving"
twin is always accelerated - same general result (difference in
aging). It's been such a long time since I worked that one out, IIRC
the validity of the approach (which I think still is a Lorentz
transformation at its core) had to do with whether the spacetime was
flat.

Stefan Jeglinski