Submit your favorite physics sites (read for more)

I have recently become one of the volunteer editors in a few sections of
the Open Directory Project, run by Netscape (who previously bought out
the GnuWho or NewHoo company who really started this). It is an attempt
to voluntarily organize the 'best' sites on the net into a useful
directory, and to do better than, say, yahoo.com or about.com which are
two other sites which provide directories used to find information.
This effort has been ongoing since June 1998, and seems to be totally
noncommercial (no banner ads, etc.) and the editors are unpaid. In
fact, I understand Lycos and Hotbot are using the directory data in
their searches too.

The main site is http://dmoz.org

I am editor of a few sections which I want to improve and/or expand,
depending on how you look at it--

http://dmoz.org/Science/Physics/Academia/
is a place you can post your favorite physics institution web site(s).
I suggest you add your alma mater as well as your current place of work,
if it fits.

http://dmoz.org/Science/Physics/Education/
is where you can submit sites which you have found useful and/or
interesting in your learning or teaching physics topics to others. If
you know of a good page of links to other pages, submit that too :)

http://dmoz.org/Science/Physics/Tutorials/
is for sites which try to teach something fairly specific about physics
in a lesson-like format, else I believe it fits better in the
science/physics/education area.

There are other categories all over the directory which are in need of
good links. If you ever find that you can think of a site which seems
to belong in some category that you are checking on, please feel free to
add your suggestion (just click the link "add url").

Thanks in advance for any submissions you make. This project is sort of
an experiment, and though it is not perfect and may never be perfect, it
should prove more useful than yahoo and other directories (who can't
keep up with the submissions, it seems). Try it out!

--
Keith Tipton
Lubbock, Texas