Ball Lightning??

Bill, can you give any help at getting this ball lightning to ignite???

We can't seem to achieve 'lift off' or even an 'enhanced' flame :-(

I have some microwave-oven stuff too, including a brief discussion of
some light-bulb shennanigans. Pay particular attention to the "ball
lightning" demos. They do work! However, sometimes it takes quite a bit
of messing with them before you see a flame-glob detach from the candle
and go drifting across the upper surface of the oven cavity all by itself.
Also note the several suggested methods for mapping the pattern of the
hotspots in the main RF cavity.

"UNWISE MICROWAVE OVEN EXPERIMENTS"
http://www.amasci.com/weird/microexp.html

One thing I've always wondered... what is the volts per centimenter in the
hot-spots of a typical oven? It might be fairly high, and this would
explain why sharp metal objects sometimes develop a case of "death by St.
Elmo's Fire". Like a blow-torch with no fuel and no gas orifice.
A 700-watt corona glow.

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936