Re: How do crystal radios really work

Mark,
Good point on the contact potential, but in addition remember that the LC
circuit is driven by the energy in the wave or photon. Just as a child
stores energy in his swing. When he pumps the swing goes higher when he
doesn't it drops in amplitude.
Bill,
In answer to your energy sucking model. I think what your seeing is
storing of the energy, and not the radio or atom reaching out into space
and grabbing the radiation.
P.S. I wasn't being critical, but as a teacher I see students, which you
are not, getting sucked in chat rooms, discussion groups and games on the
internet and failing because its too involving. I was concerned, and am
glad to hear you are using this to keep your mind going. Have a good vacation.

Gary

Gary Karshner

St. Mary's University
San Antonio, Texas