Re: The air track experiment:Cooked Data!

Just picked up this thread (slow to get to my mail with schools
starting). I recall reading that most of Arthur Eddington's data taken at
the 1919 total eclipse that was used to "prove" Einstein's gravitational
bending prediction, did NOT fit Einstein's prdiction. Eddington had to be
very selective (just drop off that anomalous data point!) in the data he
presented to prove his point. How often has this happened - and then
turned out to be correct all along?
James Mackey