Re: Mystery Object

Jim Green wrote:

Comments???

Wednesday, August 18, 1999
Top Astronomers Can't Explain Mystery Object

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES -- A mysterious celestial object detected three years ago in
the northern sky is baffling scientists who have been unable to figure out
its makeup or how far it is from Earth.
It's rare for astronomers to find an unexplainable object, but it's even
more unusual for it to remain undefined for more than a week, said George
Djorgovski, a California Institute of Technology astronomer who helped
discover the object.

Jim, I'm sure our friend Phil P. Johnson of Alabama would have a ready, albeit
simplistic, answer to this mystery, but he's been kicked off the list. Oh well, we
win some, we lose some.

poj
Collin County College