Re: Light bulbs

Leigh Palmer wrote:

Note the subject: Light bulbs. Glass doesn't flow. That's a non-topic.

That settles that. It's a waste of time for scientists to continue to
investigate the matter.

Look at an old light bulb, preferably one with a clear envelope. You
should see some part of the envelope darkened with long use. What is
the material on the inside of the bulb? How do you suppose it got
there?

If this surprises you, you have never read "A Light in the Dark," reportedly
published by the Physics Department at Texas A&M University, the first
paragraph of which states:

"For years people have believed that electric light bulbs emit light. However,
Aggie scientists at College Station have proven otherwise. Electric bulbs don't
emit light, they suck dark. Thus, such bulbs should be called dark suckers. The
dark theory, according to a TAMU spokesperson, proves the existence of dark,
that dark has greater mass than light does, and that dark travels faster than
light."

Later on in the paper, they say: "As with all things, dark suckers don't last
forever. Once they are full of dark, they can suck no more of it. They show
this condition by the black spot on a dark sucker after it has reached it
operating lifetime."

If I knew how to clip an attachment to this message, I would upload the entire
paper. It's a key element of my lectures in optics.

poj
Collin County College