Re: Glass does not flow

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Jim Green wrote:

Here is someone who is learning physics from "Earth&Sky! Wow!

Elitism. Shameful. Earth&Sky's arguments should stand on their own.

If you attack on such a low level, in my opinion it reflects only upon
you, not upon Earth and Sky or upon Dr. Anderson.

Anyone who thinks that glass doesn't flow is welcome to visit my 130 yr old
house and look out the windows.

In materials science common glass is clearly thought to be a fluid. It has
no long range crystalline structure and clearly flows.

That's obvious. It's the typical flow-speed that causes the controversy.

If glass flows so slowly that no changes will be seen for millenia, then
the "glass flow" claims are in error, and they must have some other cause

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com