Re: The Myth of Superheated Steam

Thanks to Devarakonda's help I can offer the feedback requested by
Wiseman.

It is not perfectly accurate to claim this:
Water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2) are the main products of
the combustion process, and the only products of complete combustion.
...because at elevated temperatures in the atmosphere, even hydrogen
burns not only to H2O but also to traces of NOx.

Later, we read that water spray can attack a fire 'where it hurts'
(with oxygen displacement.) It would be better to observe the
effectiveness of water spray without imbuing fire with animal qualities.

It should be obvious that these comments hardly rise above nit-picking.

Brian Whatcott

Dear PHYS-L Members,

Some months ago Kathy Daniel helped me contact several
of you concerning superheated steam and fire fighting. ...
I would like to get comments on to be
sure that the physics is correct.

Thank you for your help.
John D. Wiseman