Re: but does the *earth* push up on the *wing*?

At 06:06 PM 8/20/99 -0700, William Beaty wrote:
Here's an (edited) repeat of an earlier message which might have been lost
in the increasing traffic... I think it shows where John has made a very
major error, and it needs to be adressed and not just dismissed out of
hand.

I apologize for making an error. I'm not sure it was a "major" error.

My error was that in one message out of a hundred, I failed to play defense
sufficiently carefully. I wrote words which were open to
misinterpretation, especially when taken out of context.

I failed to defend against those who would rather play nit-picky word games
than seek an understanding of the physics.

I'm sorry for that.

This is my second apology. Demands for further apologies will go unanswered.