Re: The smell of rain

Cliff

Your question contains the implicit assumption that we all smell the same
odor you did when the rain started. Personally, I can't recall ever walking
in the park while it is raining.

Perhaps the odor you detected was due to rain water landing on your skin and
clothing, dissolving what it could of whatever resided there, then
evaporating back into the air.

poj
Collin County College

Cliff Parker wrote:

I was walking through a parking lot today just as it started to rain. I
was struck by that familiar smell. Can anyone tell me what exactly we
smell in this situation or lead me to a source that would explain?

Cliff Parker