Re[2]: Evolution and Creationism

... The sun contains most of the mass, but only 2% of the
angular momentum of the solar system. If the solar system
had condensed from a gas cloud, most of its angular
momentum would be in the sun.
2)

My understanding is that magnetic braking has slowed the Sun's
rotation. My description based on my admittedly sketchy knowledge:
As the solar wind moves away from the Sun, it drags the solar magnetic
field with it, because the field is frozen to the solar wind plasma.
As the Sun rotates, its magnetic field rotates with it, but the
magnetic field cannot keep up with the Sun's rotation. This is
because the field is trapped in a plasma that has orbital periods
around the Sun much longer than the period of the Sun's rotation. The
Solar B field has assumed the shape of a spiral because of the drag
exerted on the field by the solar wind. Because the field remains
attached to the Sun, this same drag force is transmitted to the Sun,
reducing its rate of rotation.

Philip Zell
zell@act.org