Re: Evolution and Creationism

My first reaction to Phil's message was also "the haox".
Is Phil. P. Johnson a phys-L-er? Is he the real author?

Indeed, the e-mail address from which the post was supposedly sent is
<pj1033@JUNO.COM>, an address to which Juno responds:

Host 'e.mx.juno.com' says:
550 pj1033@juno.com is not a valid juno user

However, IIRC the phys-L list confirmation procedure requires that a
post come from a legit e-mail address. One can only conclude that it
-was- a valid address or was indeed terminated due to the author's
stated fear. Or maybe he was just inundated. Or maybe it was just a
temporary e-mail created by another list member to "anonymously" post
his/her beliefs. IOW, a pseudo-hoax. I might even smell a conspiracy
:-)

Interestingly, a dejanews power search turns up one Philip L.
Johnson, apparently also an avowed creationist, but one with
considerably more restraint and erudition than the retarded unknown
poster we have humorously endured.

A shame, I was rather looking forward to my name in an Alabama church
next to the words "science illiterate." It would give me a reason to
go to Alabama some day.

Stefan Jeglinski