Some possibly interesting resources

I'm getting ready to teach a course in 'studio' mode this fall and in preparation for that I
have put some resources up on the web.

These include

A stack of poker chips falling over (similar to a chimney, breaking up part of the way down)

AVI and MOV versions of a bicycle wheel acting like a gyro (4 meg each)

Several items relating to the boltzmann distribution (an 'engine' which leaves energy alone
and maximizes entropy by rearranging particles, a simple simulation of a p-n junction in
which it is claimed that forward bias lowers the barrier to an exponential population of
electrons, and other stuff)

Stills of water necking down flowing from a faucet (poor quality).

To reach this stuff, go to my web page below then to

MJM Physics Courses, then
PH 235 Fall 1999, then
Resources page

I'd be glad for (off line) comments on these materials.

--
Mike

Mike Moloney, Dept of Physics & Applied Optics, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology

(812) 877 8302 http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~moloney