Re: Relativity and Theories

Dear Katherine:

I am replying to you not because I can help, only to tell
you that you are not alone in straggling with such issues.
Sometimes it may be wise to postpone learning advanced
topics till more accessible ones are well under control.
Many physics topics have advanced prerequisites which
some of us may not be able to satisfy immediately. I will
also be waiting for somebody's help, if it is possible at
your level.
Regards, Ludwik Kowalski

KATHERINE TODD wrote:

This is a question that I have asked my teachers (I'm only in 10th grade),
and of course they couldn't' answer it. I hope you can help me out, and I
hope it isn't centered to much toward theoretical science for this list:
In general relativity, it describes the "bending" of space-time. I
understand that concept, but then I read about "theories" about multiple
dimensions. It seems to me that space and time would have to bend into
something, which would make it more or less as a fact as general relativity
that there are at least 4 spacial dimensions. Like the example with the
surface of a beach ball, which is for all purposes in this post 2d, bends
into the 3rd spatial dimension.
Am I wrong, and I'm missing something, or am I right, and I just never
realized the correlation in the theories? Please help!!

mgtodd@worldnet.att.net
ICQ: 37233550