Re: Energy <=> Money

But is Energy really like money? Doesn't the requirement that energy be
conserved require that if we define a given system that we can _always_
account for the energy of that system (within the system, entering the
system, exiting the system) at least to within the limits imposed by the
uncertainty principle? In such a context doesn't the 'stuff' model work
quite well even if we can't pinpoint exactly what the 'stuff' is?

Looking closer at the money analogy, can't we trace the electronic form of
money as it moves about in cyber-space? It may be only a pattern of
electron motions at times, but those patterns are transferred through phone
lines or converted to E&M waves and transmitted through space to be
converted into magnetic patterns on a disk-drive which can later be
transformed at a ATM into paper representations of money. So perhaps the
analogy is not too bad, but it doesn't negate the power of a 'stuff' model
since I can always represent the money as some kind of 'stuff'--paper,
magnetic patterns, electron patterns, E&M waves and can generally localize
these.

{We of course have the same problems with mass and charge when we get down
to trying to say exactly what these things are, but does having to resort to
statements like "well mass and charge are physical properties of things like
protons, electrons, etc. which we can really only define by the way these
properties effect the behavior of these 'particles'" really make mass and
charge less real?}

Rick