Re: 2 million teachers in 2007!

John C Park wrote:

... However, I am concerned about the alternative
ways invidivuals can be licensed. These alternative
tracks will become more prevalent due to the large
science teacher shortage we are having at this time,
and even a larger shortage in the future.

And so-called "Distance Learning" is likely to become
a preferred "alternative way"; unless its inferiority is
clearly demonstrated, and unless traditional ways are
working. The argument may become "it can not be as
bad as science teaching by coaches." And they will
ask coaches to run no-school-based social interactions.

As far as I can see, our physics education experts are
not very busy in evaluating the Internet-based teaching.
They are probably convinced that the superiority of the
face-to-face teaching is so obvious that no objective
data are are needed.
Ludwik Kowalski