Re: Can this be true?

In lieu of Perseid viewing last night due to the heavy cloud cover over
Whidbey Island, Leigh and I reviewed some of the current threads on
Phys-L. In regard to this "perfect string" thread, he and his wife Evelyn
introduced me to a great poem by by Oliver Wendell Holmes called "The
Wonderful One-Hoss Shay." Bob's post comes closest to capturing the
spirit of the piece. No synopsis would really do it justice so I will
simply provide a URL and commend it to your attention.

http://www.ncode.co.uk/histofat/ohossay.html

Enjoy.

John