Re: Misconceptions: Physics of Flight

Hi George Spagna:
You invite comment on:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but ... doesn't the Bernoulli effect
(which I interpret as a statement of energy conservation - just to mix
threads!) apply only to streamlines? The air over the wing and the air
under the wing are represented by separate streamlines.

Keep the assumptions clear: inviscid, incompressible fluid, (ignore
gravity as a non-essential complication). Pressure changes are instantaneously
communicated throughout the fluid. Then Bernoulli necessarily applies
everywhere in the fluid.
Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography