Re: Misconceptions: Physics of Flight

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, romanza wrote:

Hi Jack and friends,
The misconception I was referring to was airflow on the top surface does
not flow faster because of a longer distance and to recombine again with the
airflow from the lower surface at the trailing edge. This is commonly given
as the explanation for the existence of lift in many texts.
Is there anywhere I can find an easy but correct explanation?

Thanks,
romanza

Yes! Here it is:

www.aa.washington.edu/faculty/eberhardt/lift.html